The jasmine plant is a source of exotic fragrance in warmer climates. It is an important scent noted in perfumes and has herbal properties. The plants may be vines or bushes and some are evergreen.
- Plant Type. Outdoor/Indoor Plant
- Product Height. 12 to 18 Inches
- Season. Evergreen
- Sunlight. All jasmine plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.
- Location. Choose a warm, sheltered location when growing jasmine. The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall.
- Watering. Water from the bottom to prevent spotting on the glossy leaves.
- Growing in containers. Use a soil based potting mixture. Repotting should be needed only every two to three years, but plants can be moved in spring.
- Fertilising. Fertilise the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
*Actual product may vary