Crown of Thorns (Euphorbia Milii)
This succulent shrub holds multiple stems and dark green leaves. Thorns cover the branches. However, they feel relatively soft when touched making them not too difficult to work with.
- Plant Type. Indoor Flowering Plant
- Product Height. 12 to 24 Inches
- Season. Evergreen
- Sunlight. Place the plant in a very sunny window where it will receive three to four hours of direct sunlight each day.
- Location. Growing the plant is easy because it adapts well to normal room temperatures and in dry indoor environments. Crown of thorns houseplant care begins with placing the plant in the best possible location.
- Watering. From spring through late fall, water the crown of thorns plant when the soil is dry at a depth of about an inch, which is about the length of your finger to the first knuckle. Water the plant by flooding the pot with water.
- Repotting. Repot the plant every two years in late winter or early spring. Crown of thorns needs a potting soil that drains quickly.
- Fertilising. Feed the plant with a liquid houseplant fertilizer. Water the plant with the fertilizer every two weeks in spring, summer and fall. In winter, dilute the fertilizer to half strength and use it monthly.