Dracaena is grown for its dramatic foliage and carefree nature. This large group of plants includes many species that can grow up to 6 feet tall with long, strap-like leaves, often with red and yellow variegation. it is a low maintenance plant whose trunk scars over with an interesting pattern of markings as it grows.
- Plant Type. Indoor/Outdoor Plant
- Product Height. 12 to 24 Inches
- Season. Evergreen
- Sunlight. When growing a dracaena plant, locate it in brightly filtered light, such as through a sheer curtain in front of a sunny window.
- Watering. Dracaena plant care involves keeping the soil of houseplant dracaena moist, but never soggy. Drooping or yellowing leaves indicates over-watering or poor drainage.
- Growing in containers. Ensure well-draining soil.
- Fertilising. Appropriate fertilization is also a part of how to care for a dracaena. Feed every two weeks in spring and summer with a balanced houseplant fertilizer. Reduce fertilization to once a month during fall. When growing a dracaena plant, stop feeding during winter months, as the plant benefits from a period of dormancy.
*Actual product may vary