Magenta Zebra (Calathea Vittata)
Calathea zebra plants are natives of Brazil and their bright green leaves can be boldly striped in white, yellow or pink in a striking feather-like pattern that is sure to catch the eye.
- Plant Type. Indoor/Outdoor
- Product Height. 2-3 feet
- Season. Spring
- Dormancy. The most likely cause here is underwatering.
- Sunlight. Diffused light.
- Re-Potting. You'll need to re-pot once every two years, during spring
- Soil. Holds moisture but is also well draining. A good potting mix consists of one part soil, two parts peat moss and two parts perlite.
- Water. Regular small amounts of water during the growing seasons as soon as the surface starts to dry up.
- Temperature. Temperatures above 55 F. (13 C.) to survive and temperatures around 70 F. (21 C.) to thrive.
- Fertilizer. Fertilize occasionally with a half strength solution of liquid fertilizer.