Mango trees (scientific name: Mangifera indica L) are deep-rooted evergreens with simple lanceolate leaves that are yellow-green, purple, or copper in color when young. Mangoes are a good source of Vitamin C, A, B6, B, probiotic fibre, copper, potassium and magnesium. They help fight cancer, keep cholesterol in check, cleanse the skin, aid weightloss, improve eye health, strengthen immune system and aid in memory and concentration.
- Plant Type. Outdoor fruit tree
- Product Height. 2-3 feet (including pot)
- Season. Winter
- Plant Growth. Can grow up to 120 feet
- Sunlight. Full sunlight. Excellent heat tolerance.
- Watering. Water more in Summer and less in Winter and Spring
- Soil. Can grow in most soils from light sandy loams to red clay soils. Soil pH 5.5 to 7.5 is best suited
- Fertilizing. Fertilizer may be a 1:1:1 or 1:2:2 N-P-K ratio formulation and total annual amount of fertilizer should be divided into three or four applications, preferably applied before growth flushes are anticipated.
*Actual product may vary