Ravenea (Majesty) Palm
Majesty palm (Ravenea rivularis), is a robust, low-maintenance tropical palm with graceful, feathery fronds. Majesty palm is a warm-climate tree suitable for growing outdoors. Although the palm makes an attractive indoor plant in cooler climates, it may eventually become too large, as mature trees reach heights of 15 to 20 feet.
- Plant Type. Indoor/Outdoor Palm Tree
- Product Height. 4 to 5 ft (including pot)
- Season. Evergreen
- Sunlight. Place a majesty palm where it will get bright, indirect sun, such as an east-facing window or a spot three to five feet away from a sunny window. Avoid bright, intense sunlight, which may scorch the leaves.
- Watering. Majestic Palms like a very moist soil. During the summer or warmer months, you may need to water your palm every 2 days to keep the soil from drying out.
- Growing in the ground. Majestic palms do best in a rich, moist mix of soil with good drainage
- Growing in containers. Place the majestic palm into a container one size larger when the plant outgrows its pot, usually every two to three years. Don't change the containers early, as palms perform best when their roots are slightly crowded.
- Fertilising. Fertilize majesty palm every three months during spring and summer, using a general-purpose, slow-release fertilizer according to the instructions on the label. Avoid excessive fertilization, which may result in spotted foliage.
*Actual product may vary