Spider Plant (Chlorophytum)
The spider plant is considered one of the most adaptable of houseplants and the easiest to grow. Caring for spider plants is easy. These tough plants tolerate lots of abuse, making them excellent candidates for newbie gardeners or those without a green thumb.
- Plant Type. Indoor Plant
- Plant Growth. 12 to 24 Inches
- Sunlight. Bright, indirect light
- Season. Evergreen
- Watering. Water them well but do not allow the plants to become too soggy, which can lead to root rot. In fact, spider plants prefer to dry out some between waterings.
- Growing in containers. Since spider plants prefer a semi-potbound environment, repot them only when their large, fleshy roots are highly visible and watering is difficult.
- Propagation. Spider plants can be easily propagated as well through division of the mother plant or by planting the small spiderettes.
*Actual product may vary