Water lettuce is often used in tropical aquariums to provide cover for fry and small fish. It is also helpful as it outcompetes algae for nutrients in the water, thereby preventing massive algal blooms.
- Plant Type. Indoor/Outdoor
- Product Length. 1 to 6 inches long
- Sunlight. Full sun to part shade
- Location. Water garden or container use
- Growing in containers. In warm climates, the plant will overwinter or you can grow water lettuce indoors in an aquatic environment in a mix of moist loam and sand with water temps between 66-72 F. (19-22 C.).
- Care. Additional care of water lettuce is minimal, as the plant has no serious pest or disease issues.
*Actual product may vary, plants come in regular earthen pots or add new pots in the cart